A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is where a group of health professionals and patients can come together to address issues that effect health and health services in their local community.
Usually connected to a particular GP practice, patient forums provide a link between practice staff and their registered patients.
The agenda of any particular group will depend upon the local needs, interests and energies of the participants, but its key role is to:
- Enable patients to have a say on how the practice operates
- Provide feedback on new systems within the practice such as booking an appointment
- Act as a sounding board for ideas Support the practice to provide a high quality of care and service delivery
We find that this group is beneficial to both the Practice and our patients.
Our overall aim is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between the practice and its patients, building the surgeries future according to the community’s needs.
The group is open to ALL of our patients and we would like to invite you to become a part of this, giving you the opportunity to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns about new and existing services.
We communicate by email, post and also meet every month in the surgery
One of the key areas where we appreciate your involvement in our patient survey, for example
- What subjects do you consider most important?
- How do you think the survey should look?
- Based on the results what action do you think we should take?
If you would like to become a member our Patient Participation Group please complete an online application form:
If you have any questions about the group before applying to join, please contact Lynne Hamill by email at Lynne.Hamill@. nhs.net